If this is a life threatening emergency, please call 911.
Click here to view self-help videos on common repair items and see if you can resolve common problems before contacting us for maintenance.
It is our goal to make all required repairs to your home in order to make your stay comfortable. Please note that per NV law and your lease agreement they will define the legal requirements and expectations of who is responsible for repairs in a rental property in Nevada.
- All non-emergency repair requests need to be made through your online portal (link).
- Include as much information and pictures, if possible, so we can better explain to contractor what the issue is. The more information you provide, the better equipped he will be at time of arrival to fix the issue.
- Please answer your phone, whether you recognize the number or not. Technicians will always call YOU to schedule the repair. If you miss their call, return their phone call and schedule the appointment for a time when you will be available. Leave plenty of time before and after as they require a window of time and may need to leave to pick up parts and return. An adult needs to be present at all times in the property while technicians are present.
- If you somehow cannot make the appointment you scheduled, please contact the technician as soon as you know so you can reschedule. If you do not reschedule and he shows up and he cannot make the repair, you will be charged a trip charge so please be proactive. The wasted time could have helped someone else get their repair done.
- If it is found that you caused the damage, you will be charged for the repair as per your contract. Do not delay the repair though to not be charged (we can make payment arrangements if necessary) as delayed maintenance usually costs more to repair and ultimately you will still pay the price.
What is considered an emergency?
An emergency request should only be made if your health or safety is threatened or damage to the property is caused. For example, no heat or hot water in cold weather temperatures; no air-conditioning in the summer time, those are urgent matters. A leaking water heater is an emergency but a drippy faucet is NOT. Please also do not notate “urgent” if it is not.